Main Home | Hunting Lodge | 2 Cabins
McCullogh & San Saba Counties
Law Creek Ranch is a 1,073.85-acre high-fenced ranch that is currently being operated as hunting ranch, deer breeding facility, and a cattle operation. The property provides a unique opportunity to acquire a well-cared for ranch that furnishes all the necessary ingredients for a successful working-investment, full-time residence, and/or recreational property. Law Creek Ranch is a MLDP Level III property and licensed Deer Breeder operation regulated by the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department. The existing deer and exotic herd is included in the offering.
Location & Access
Law Creek Ranch is located 2.8 miles N of the community of Fredonia, TX along the east line of U.S. Highway 71 with direct access to the highway. Brady is located 19.0 miles to the NW via U.S. Highway 71 and Mason is located 18.7 miles to the SW via U.S Highway 71 and Ranch Road 386. The property lies in the SE portion of McCulloch County along the McCulloch/San Saba county line. 27.43 acres are located in San Saba County.
The property features a variety of habitat types to suit multiple uses. The western portion of the property is maintained in approximately 260 acres of improved pasture, suitable for horses and cattle. The headquarters home, hunting lodge, deer breeding facilities, and other vertical improvements are in the center of the property. The eastern portion of the ranch consists of native brush that has been managed as wildlife habitat. This area consists of healthy live oak woodlands and flats, and undulating range with honey mesquite, acacia, Texas persimmon, and some scattered juniper. Elevations range from 1,592’ in the improved pastures to 1,770’ in the eastern portion of the ranch. Commanding, panoramic views of the surrounding area can be found from multiple locations on the eastern half of the property.
There are six (6) water wells on the ranch, which includes three (3) irrigation wells, one (1) well that services the house and deer breeding facilities, and two (2) windmill wells.
• Runway Well – Well Depth: 390’ / Water Level: 103.7 ft @ 500 gpm, permitted for 125 AcFt/Yr
• Barn Well – Well Depth: 500’ / Water Level: 110’ @ 1,000 gpm, not permitted, yield from previous landowner
• Pasture Well – Water Level: 58’ @ 250 gpm, permitted for 50 AcFt/Yr
Irrigation well yields were obtained from the previous landowner. For further information on area groundwater, please contact the Hickory Underground Water Conservation District #1 at http://www.hickoryuwcd.org.
There are three (3) stock ponds on the ranch less than 1.00 ac.
Mineral Rights/Frac Sand
The Sellers will convey with the Ranch 100% of whatever mineral, oil, gas, geo-thermal, hydro-carbon they own, subject to reservations by previous owners. The Sellers make no representation as to the quantity or quality of any mineral or other sub-surface rights appurtenant to the Ranch. Law Creek Ranch is located within the Voca Frac Sand District, which is a major frac sand production area where sands are produced from the Cambrian Hickory Sandstone on the northwestern flank of the Llano Uplift.
Because of its poorly cemented nature and the occurrence of well-rounded quartz gains in sizes appropriate for various proppant applications, the Hickory has been a source of industrial sand for several decades. In response to regional market demand, frac sand production from the Hickory in the Voca area has steadily increased. Approximately 250 – 300 acres of the Hickory Sandstone formation lie within the boundaries of the ranch in the western portion of the property. The Sellers retain a 2.00% royalty on any sand mined from the property on a perpetual basis.
Hunting & Deer Breeding Operation
Law Creek Ranch is a MLDP Level III property and licensed Deer Breeder operation regulated by the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department. The ranch offers for sale breeder bucks, stocker bucks, bred does, open does, and fawns for sale. Each fall, selected 4.5-year-old bucks are released into the ranch for hunting. The ranch has a history of producing bucks that score 250” to 400’ B&C. Current herd inventory and historical herd records are available upon request.
The ranch also maintains a healthy and balanced herd of exotics for hunting that include axis, blackbuck, fallow, sika, red stag, kudu, and aoudad. The existing white-tailed deer and exotic herd is included in the offering, as well as the following improvements and equipment.
Deer Breeding Facilities
• Four (4) buck pens that are 2.00 ac each
• Eight (8) doe pens that are 0.75 ac each
• Nine (9) 2,000 lb. protein feeders
• Twelve (12) alfalfa bale feeders
• Eleven (11) darting blinds
• Texas Wildlife Supply 4.5-ton feed jet trailer
• 30-ton tower feeder bin (15-ton internal dividers)
• Fawn nursery
Hunting Equipment (In-Field)
• Three (3) 2,000 lb. protein feeders
• Four (4) 3,000 lb. protein feeders
• Eleven (11) 1,000 lb. corn feeders
• Eleven (11) tower blinds
• Nine (9) bow blinds
• 4,200 SqFt, 2-story
• 4 bedrooms/3.5 baths
• Upstairs game room
Headquarters Office – Under Construction
• 2,272 SqFt (32’ x 71’)
• Cinder-block gun safe
• Steel frame construction
Custom Hunting Lodge
• 2,850 SqFt interior with 6,000 SqFt under roof
• Fireplace, large family room, spacious kitchen, laundry room
• 4 bedrooms/4.5 baths
• Wrap-around, concrete slab porch
• 500-gallon propane tank
• Built in 2014
• 400 SqFt (20’ x 20’)
• 1 bedroom/1 bath
• Full kitchen
• Renovated in 2003
• 1,000 SqFt (20’ x 50’) with covered parking and storage loft
• 2 bedrooms/2 baths
• Full kitchen with laundry room
• Renovated in 2007
• 1,750 SqFt
• Walk-in Cooler
• Attached livestock working pens
• 50’ x 15’ x 8’ pole barn
• 60’ x 15’ x 8’ pole barn
• 1,200 SqFt (30’ x 40’) with 10’ ceiling
• Full-front sliding doors
• Lighted roping arena
• Two (2) 2,850 SqFt metal pole barns
• Sloped roof, 20’ high at front and 18’ high at rear
• Constructed in 2015
Tack Room with attached 3-Bay Pole Barn
• 500 SqFt tack room
• 3-Bay 1,900 SqFt attached pole barn
Utilities & Services
Electricity and land line phone service is provided by Central Texas Electric Co-Op (CTEC). Cell service is available on the ranch via AT&T and Verizon.
LAW CREEK RANCH, as previously described herein (1,073.85 ac), is offered at $5,637,686 ($5,250/ac) Cash or at Terms acceptable solely at the discretion of the Sellers. The conditions of sale are as follows:
1. Offers to purchase or letters of intent must be in writing and accompanied by a wire transfer of 1.00% of the purchase price to the escrow account at Fredericksburg Titles of Fredericksburg, TX.
2. Earnest deposits will be placed in escrow with Fredericksburg Titles of Fredericksburg, TX.
3. All Prospective Buyers must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Sellers, absolute financial capability to purchase the Ranch prior to scheduling an inspection of the Ranch.
4. The Sellers will provide and pay for a standard owner’s title insurance policy. Title to the real property will be conveyed by a general of special warranty deed.
5. The Sellers will provide a current survey.
6. Inventory of any personal property will be transferred via Bill of Sale at Closing.
7. All water right claims controlled by the Ranch will be transferred to the Buyer at Closing.
8. Mineral rights which the Sellers actually own will be conveyed to the Buyer at Closing.
9. The Sellers retain a 2.00% royalty on any sand mined from the property
10. Buyers’ Brokers are welcomed and invited to contact either Mark Harman or Jeremy Lacy with Anders Realty - Fredericksburg for information regarding Cooperation Policies.
11. Any additional documentation provided to Prospective Buyers and their Agents related to and expanding upon the information contained in this offering brochure will be subject to terms of a Confidentiality Agreement to be signed by the Prospective Buyer and their Agents prior to the delivery of such documentation.
12. The 2016 ag-exempt property taxes were approximately $2,551.